Category: gskpbbmf

 

Burleigh Waters house offers ultimate family lifestyle

first_img81 Burleigh St, Burleigh Waters.The outdoor entertaining area stands out with a Blackbutt timber bar and kwila decking, built-in Beefeater barbecue and a saltwater pool with waterfall feature. The mother-of-three said it was hard to pick out her favourite features. 81 Burleigh St, Burleigh Waters.The house makes a statement from the front with its standout timber features.Inside is just as stylish with oak timber flooring and an array of living areas including a formal area, library, rumpus and media room. “It’s sort of a Hamptons look but with a twist as inside we’ve got chandeliers, stone and timber,” Mrs Martin said. 81 Burleigh St, Burleigh Waters.The pair have transformed the plain brick house into a stylish and contemporary home that features a calm and welcoming atmosphere.No expense has been spared in the five-bedroom design.“We’ve been renovating over the past 10 years,” Mrs Martin said.“We did the pool and back area first and in the last couple of years we finished off the rest of the house. More from news02:37Purchasers snap up every residence in the $40 million Siarn Palm Beach North2 hours ago02:37International architect Desmond Brooks selling luxury beach villa22 hours ago“John is a carpenter and he still does a lot of house renovations so often comes home with some good ideas.” 81 Burleigh St, Burleigh Waters.“I really like the kitchen as it’s got the big island bench and I also like the family room area with its big brick fireplace,” she said. “I also love the upstairs area as you can see the lake and enjoy the sunsets. Out the back is also beautiful — it’s lovely and cool in the summer time.” The property is going to auction on November 26. 81 Burleigh St, Burleigh Waters is going to auction on November 26.IT’S the Burleigh Waters beach house with a twist.John and Bonita Martin bought the property in 2006 and have slowly been doing it up ever since.last_img read more

 

UK roundup: Pension Protection Fund, UK election, Institute of Fiscal Studies

first_imgThe rise in March was fuelled by a 4% rise in liabilities to £1.58trn but slightly offset with 1.5% rise in assets to £1.28trn.Of the 6,057 schemes in the universe, 82% are now in deficit, with average funding levels across the sector at 81.4%, a drop of 2.2 percentage points.Falling gilt yields were once again the cause of the liability increase with 15-year Gilt yield falling 18 basis points over March, with the a 2.2% rise in the FTSE All-Share aiding asset increases.Last year was a tumultuous one for UK DB funds with the universe starting in surplus before steadily falling to record lows by January 2015.In other news, both main parties fighting the UK general election have looked towards cutting pensions tax relief as a way to fund election pledges.However, The Institute of Fiscal Studies (IFS), an independent think tank, has warned the parties of continuous meddling, criticising both election pledges.The currently governing Conservative Party has pledged to reduce tax relief on pension contributions above earnings between £150,000 to £210,000, meaning the annual allowance of £40,000 slowly reduces as earnings increases after the first cliff point.It intends to do this to fund a tax-relief threshold for inheritance tax.The opposition Labour Party pledged to reduce the rate of tax relief on those earning over £150,000, similar to its 2009 proposal the IFS said, which created a cliff edge impact on payable tax.The party wants to fund a reduction in university tuition fees with the policy.The IFS said the policies were as complex as one another, but warned they risked rushing towards chaos in pensions taxation.“Both Conservative and Labour plans will have substantial incentive and behavioural effects for those with incomes in the £150,000 to £200,000 range – potentially bigger effects than [changes to] the income tax rate itself,” the IFS said.“There is a danger that the tax proposals being put forward through this general election campaign will have a long term malign influence on our tax system and economic welfare.”Labour also pledged support for the Budget freedoms which came into effect last week, allowing defined contribution (DC) savers over 55 to spend their pension pots as they will.However, its manifesto said it would reform pensions markets to ensure savers were put first and ensure proper guidance was provided to those enacting pensions freedoms. A monthly update from the Pension Protection Fund (PPF) has shown deficits in its universe of 6,057 defined benefit scheme spike up back towards £300bn (€416bn).The PPF 7800 Index at the end of March showed DB deficits at £292.6bn, calculated on their ability to provide PPF-level benefits.This was up 18% from £248.7bn at the end of February, and over 600% higher than a year earlier.However, deficit levels are lower than the end of January when it reached a record £367.5bn.last_img read more

 

Transocean COO retires

first_imgOffshore driller Transocean has said that John Stobart, Executive Vice President, Chief Operating Officer and Chief Performance Officer, is retiring. Keelan Adamson, the company’s Senior Vice President – Operations, has assumed Stobart’s responsibilities, effective June 1, 2018, the drilling contractor informed on Monday.“It has been my sincere pleasure to work with John over these past three years,” said Jeremy Thigpen, President and Chief Executive Officer.Thigpen added: “As a direct result of John’s unwavering commitment to both operational performance and procedural discipline, and to the development of the next generation of leadership, I have every confidence that Transocean will continue to build upon the solid foundation that John helped to establish. On behalf of Transocean’s board of directors and all Transocean employees, I want to thank John for his immeasurable contributions, and wish him the very best in his much-deserved retirement.”last_img read more

 

C.O Williams Construction Limited awarded Pointe Michel Sea Defence Project

first_img Share Tweet Sharing is caring! LocalNews C.O Williams Construction Limited awarded Pointe Michel Sea Defence Project by: – March 21, 2011 The Ministry of Public Works, Energy and Ports at the official signing ceremony for the award of contract for the Pointe Michel sea defences and road rehabilitaion project, held at the Ministry of Finance’s Conference Room announced that C. O. Williams Construction Limited won the bid after the tendering process was complete.The scope of the work entails: “The construction of 750 metres of reinforced concrete seawall and rock armour, 7.5m carriageway, 2.5m parking bay, 1.5m sidewalk and improved drainwage system along the coastline stretching from Lotbor (Holloywood) in the north to Subouli in the south. This low-lying section has been protected by stone rubble wall from colonial times which was severly battered by the heavy waves generated by Hurrican Tomas in October, 2008. ”The contract sum for this project is EC$22, 367, 500.00 which will be funded by the Caribbean Development Bank. The commencement date is 14th march, 2011 and completion date 13th March, 2012.The other bidders for the project were;1. A C E Engineering Limited,2. Offshore Civil & Marine/Caribbean Contractors Dominica Lts. Joint Venrue Partnership,3. Edghill Associates Limited,4. Construction & Industrial Equipment Limited,5. Capital Signal,6. Trinidad Contractors Limited.The three lowest tenders were:1. C. O. Williams Construction Ltd – EC$23, 523, 170.512. Offshore Civil & Marine/ Caribbean Contractors Dominica Ltd – EC$25, 097, 154.493. Edghill Associates Limited   – EC$31, 525,125.39Source: Dominica Vibes NewsPhoto Credit: GIS Newscenter_img Share 102 Views   no discussions Sharelast_img read more

 

Tottenham’s Danny Rose joins Newcastle on loan

first_imgRead Also: Tottenham sign PSV Eindhoven winger Steven Bergwijn“Newcastle is one of the biggest clubs in England,” said Rose.“I spoke to the manager last (Wednesday) night and he told me there were 50,000 fans here at the weekend against Oxford (in a goalless FA Cup draw).“You can’t go wrong with that kind of passion and support from the fans, and it’s something I’m looking forward to.”FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Promoted ContentCouples Who Celebrated Their Union In A Unique, Unforgettable Way7 Ways To Understand Your Girlfriend BetterYou’ve Only Seen Such Colorful Hairdos In A Handful Of Anime7 Thailand’s Most Exquisite Architectural WondersWhy Go Veg? 7 Reasons To Do ThisTop 10 Most Romantic Nations In The WorldWhat Our Favorite Celebs Look Like With Their Natural Hair ColorWhat Are The Most Delicious Foods Out There?This Is Why Plus-Size Models Should Always Be An Inspiration11 Most Immersive Game To Play On Your Table TopWhat Is A Black Hole And Is It Dangerous For Us All?The Very Last Bitcoin Will Be Mined Around 2140. Read More “I’m so grateful that the manager (Steve Bruce) has brought me in and I’m looking to repay him in every way I can as soon as I’m playing.“For me, it’s really exciting that I can come here and have the chance to play in front of the Newcastle fans.”Rose’s long-term future at Spurs has been much debated recently given he has made just five appearances since Jose Mourinho was appointed manager in November.His arrival is timely for Newcastle given that both Jetro Willems and Paul Dummett have suffered season-ending injuries. Newcastle United have signed England left-back Danny Rose on loan from Premier League rivals Tottenham Hotspur until the end of the season, the northeast club announced Thursday.Advertisementcenter_img Rose, 29, is Newcastle’s third recruit of the January transfer window following the recent arrivals at St James’ Park of Nabil Bentaleb and Valentino Lazaro.Rose will be eligible to make his Magpies debut in their league match at home to Norwich on Saturday.“It’s a great honour for me to be here,” Rose told NUFC TV. Loading… last_img read more

 

‘Thieves’ grab jewels in German museum heist

first_imgJewelry stolen during a robbery from the Green Vault city palace in Dresden, Germany on Nov. 25 is seen in an undated photo provided by the Saxony state police. POLIZEIDIREKTION DRESDEN/HANDOUT VIA REUTERS Security camera footage showed two menbreaking in through a grilled window. The alarm sounded before 5 a.m. localtime (0359 GMT) and officers were there five minutes later. But the burglarshad escaped.  DRESDEN – Thieves smashed displaycases and grabbed priceless jewels from an eastern German museum on Monday,police said.  The haul was worth up to 1-billioneuros ($1.1 billion), a report said. center_img They forced their way into Dresden’sGruenes Gewoelbe, or Green Vault Museum and got away with at least three setsof early 18th century jewelry, including diamonds and rubies, according to themuseum staff.  It would be impossible to sell suchunique, identifiable items on the open market, said Marion Ackermann, directorof museums in the surrounding state of Saxony.(Reuters)last_img read more

 

Duterte: Russia, China respect PH sovereignty unlike US

first_img“And the economics, I’m veering towardsso many… I’d like to open new fronts with Russia (and) with China,” thePresident said. “We have increased in trade and commerce. It’s robust. Andmaybe if I could start trading with Russia it would be good, it would be thatfine.” Aside from scrapping VFA, PresidentDuterte also declined American President Donald Trump’s invitation for him tovisit the US for a meeting with other leaders of the Association of SoutheastAsian Nations./PN “It’s because they respect thesovereignty of the country which America is totally, totally, lacking,”Duterte said. “It’s not only the Philippines but all over the world they do notrespect sovereignties of the government.” “(US) continues to look at us as vassalstate because we’re under Americans for 50 years and they lived off the fat ofthe land before we got our independence. We went to war against them. So if Icannot get a credible posture from the Americans, I can get it from the Russianand the Chinese government(s),” he added. The United States and the Philippineswere longtime allies but one of the military agreements between the twocountries may soon be scrapped. President Duterte has recently orderedthe termination of the Visiting Forces Agreement (VFA) after the American governmentcanceled the visa of Sen. Ronald dela Rosa. Duterte said he sought to further boostthe Philippines’ alliances with Russia and China, particularly on trade andcommerce. MANILA – President Rodrigo Duterte saidthe reason he pivoted towards China and Russia from the United States was dueto the latter’s lack of respect to Philippine sovereignty. In an interview with a Russiangovernment-funded television network that aired on Friday night, PresidentDuterte explained the reason for his stronger ties with non-traditionalpartners China and Russia. “China and Russia respect the sovereignty of the country which America is totally, totally, lacking,” says President Rodrigo Duterte. PCOO “I mean, America is not the Philippinesand the Philippines is not America. It ain’t that way anymore. And I refuse todovetail under American foreign policy. They’re always antagonizing theChinese, and so with the Philippines,”the President added.last_img read more

 

Date set for 2018 Special Olympics Winter Games

first_imgLawrenceburg, In. — Special Olympics Indiana will hold the 2018 Winter Games in Southeast Indiana January 7-9 at Perfect North Slopes in Lawrenceburg.The event begins Sunday afternoon at Higher Ground Conference & Retreat Center with the start of Winter Fest (an event featuring demonstrations, activities and games), followed by the Opening Ceremonies on Sunday evening.  The next two days will feature preliminary and final competition rounds as the Special Olympics athletes hit the course at Perfect North.  The event will bring hundreds of athletes, coaches and chaperones to Dearborn County.“We’re so excited that Special Olympics Indiana is returning to Southeast Indiana for their 2018 Winter Games,” said Debbie Smith, Executive Director of the Dearborn County Convention, Visitor & Tourism Bureau, which helps market the area to visitors and large groups.  “This is a terrific organization whose mission of empowerment is inspiring.  I’d like to extend a very warm welcome to this group and hope that all of the Special Olympics athletes, organizers and volunteers have a great time at Perfect North.”Special Olympics Indiana is a non-profit organization that provides sports training and athletic competition opportunities to both children and adults with intellectual disabilities.last_img read more

 

Lotti blasts Spadafora over treatment of football

first_img Promoted Content9 Talented Actors Who Are Only Associated With One RoleWho Is The Most Powerful Woman On Earth?A Guy Turns Gray Walls And Simple Bricks Into Works Of Art7 Black Hole Facts That Will Change Your View Of The Universe6 Of The Best 90s Shows That Need To Come Back ASAPWho Earns More Than Ronaldo?10 Hyper-Realistic 3D Street Art By OdeithBest Car Manufacturers In The World9 Facts You Should Know Before Getting A TattooPortuguese Street Artist Creates Hyper-Realistic 3D Graffiti7 Of The Wealthiest Universities In The WorldTop 10 Tiniest Phones Ever Made Spadafora has caused confusion and frustration inside the Italian game for his refusal to give definite dates of government-sanctioned training and playing returns. “Football is an industry. An enormous industry,” Spadafora’s predecessor Lotti told Il Foglio newspaper.Advertisement “It brings in €1.5bn per year and with its taxes guarantees money for the State, also financing all other sport in the country. “Spadafora should either have the courage to stop the league by decree or otherwise if he thinks the season can resume, he must give some sense of timing and guidelines. read also:​Italy’s sports minister doubtful over Serie A restarting “Spadafora has to listen to the scientific committee and tell us once for all whether the season can start or not.” FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Former Minister for Sport in Italy, Luca Lotti has blasted current incumbent Vincenzo Spadafora over his treatment of football. Loading… last_img read more

 

Dismembered woman’s body found in Abuja

first_imgRelatedPosts Alleged certificate forgery: Court gives police 14 days to transmit report on lawmaker Police arrest three suspects over murder of pharmacy proprietor in FCT Police arrest 16 suspects for homicide, criminal offences The dismembered body of a woman has been found dumped in Abuja. The body was found dumped by the police along Area 3 Junction. The police have however condemned the video of the incident, which has gone viral. In a statement on Monday, the police vowed to apprehend the perpetrators of the killing. The statement, signed by the Deputy Police Public Relations Officer of the FCT Police Command, ASP Mariam Yusuf, said: “The FCT Police command condemns in totality the gruesome murder and dismembering of a woman by unknown assailants whose video is being circulated in the social media. “The body of the woman whose identity is unknown was found packed in a refuse bag dumped along Area 3 Junction during a patrol by Police Operatives. “However, the Commissioner of Police has launched a full investigation into the unfortunate incident and members of the public will be kept abreast with the progress of investigation. “The Command is using this medium to appeal to members of the public to remain calm, be security conscious, take extra caution and report all suspicious movements within their environment to the Police on these emergency numbers: 08032003913, 08061581938, 07057337653 and 08028940883.”Tags: ASP Mariam YusufFCT Police Commandlast_img read more